Wednesday, August 8, 2012

National Sporting Library and Museum

I was one of over fifty applicants who applied for the John H. Daniels Fellowship program. The purpose of the fellowship is to fund a research stay at the National Sporting Library and Museum in Middleburg, Virginia. I can not go into too much detail about the specifics of my project.  Instead, I will say that this facility houses one of the largest collections of primary documents related to field and equestrian sports. I gained access to books that were published in the seventeenth century! I collected a a significant amount of research that will help me in the upcoming year.  I feel more confident than ever about my thesis project. Thank you National Sporting Library for selecting me as a fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment