Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Research Grant and Study Group Invite

I was driving home yesterday and I receive a much-anticipated phone call from the National Sporting Library and Museum in Middleburg, Virginia. I was informed that I was one of a hand full of scholars selected to receive a research grant for 2012. I am so excited!  I was told that my proposal was both "dynamic" and "appeals to many scholarly fields." I am scheduled to visit the facility for two weeks this summer to collect information relating to my M.A. thesis project.  I can't wait!  As soon as I hung up the phone I received an email invitation to attend a study group session in Maryland.  I have been invited to talk about my thesis research at the Maryland Archaeological Conservation Laboratory in June.  I'm looking forward to both of these opportunities.  The study group session will be focusing on horse furniture and numerous interpretations of these objects will be shared amongst several researchers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment