Monday, November 2, 2015

CNEHA 2015 Presentation

This year's conference will be hosted in my old stomping grounds of Fredericksburg, Virginia. This will likely be my last conference for a while. I knew I wanted to present on a project relating to Fredericksburg but given that I work in New Jersey, my options were fairly limited. Thankfully, I recalled an old collection I had learned about while working at the Central Rappahannock Regional Library in Fredericksburg, Virginia. A project was conducted on the property in the early 90's and the budget was extremely small. Every artifact was collected via pedestrian reconnaissance and during monitoring. You can read a copy of the presentation from my Academica account, although I will provide a disclaimer here: 95% of the research wasn't actually mine, I essentially gave a presentation on a project that another firm completed. The firm no longer exists and I was able to give this presentation with the support and approval of the archaeologist who ran the job in the early 90's. I was unable to back check all of the information in this report prior to the presentation and it is possible that some of the information could be fine-tuned given that there may be more resources available today. The paper, which offered some background research, summary of results and a look at landscape analysis, was well received by archaeologists local to the Fredericksburg area and I was happy to have presented on the subject.

An added bonus to this conference was that my colleagues from New Jersey were also able to attend and I was able to share some of my favorite haunts with them during the post-presentation hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment