Thursday, January 17, 2013

RGA

I am pleased to announce that I will begin working for Richard Grubb & Associates on a part-time basis in January, once I return from my winter break. I will be working at least twenty hours a week. I will be in training wheels for a while.  I have completed a class in GIS at the graduate level and I completed a GIS based internship with the Archaeology Department of Mount Vernon, two summers ago. I am really looking forward to learning how to utilize the full potential of this program! It's difficult to take many classes in GIS, mainly because a lot of the classes are naturally geared towards environmental science.  This makes sense, considering what Esri does.  That said, it has been difficult for me to work with GIS inan archaeological setting- so this will be fantastic. I will not only learn how to enhance my GIS skillset but I will begin to learn when it is appropriate to use certain functions in GIS.  I am extremely grateful to have this opportunity and I can't wait to start working! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment